Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving


And again, it´s time to think about turkeys and pumpkins!
A year ago, during a non-painting-trip to Austria, I saw a field full of pumpkins, ready to be harvested. It looked very pretty and I took some photographs. A week later, quite a few pumpkins remained in the field when early snow surprised the place. Now the view was even more stunning. The sun had melted the snow away on the south side to reveal bright orange dots, randomly strewn over the field.
With winter approaching, it felt like the right time to paint the scene now!

1 comment:

Ken Goldman said...

Great blog Ilse. I especially like this one. It reminds me of the time we painted up in Julian where there was snow to paint and i think I forgot to bring my white paint. Your work is beautiful and I can feel fall in the air in this one.